Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loop crash UI on start

I lose my UI, i become black screen with a error (close application) with a button (close). When i push close, this message reappears, no ui displayed (black screen).

To reproduce : 
- Go to tiles on status bar
- Add tile "pie"
- Activate the pie
- the ui crash (black screen) and error display

I have reboot, this error message is displayed before lock/unlocking screen (no other ui displayed).

Log :
Process: com.android.systemui
Flags: 0x38c83e0d
Package: com.android.systemui v25 (7.1.2)
Foreground: No
Build: Xiaomi/capricorn/capricorn:6.0.1/MXB48T/V8.2.4.0.MAGCNDL:user/release-keys
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal pattern character 'j'
        at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.compile(SimpleDateFormat.java:826)
        at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.initialize(SimpleDateFormat.java:640)
        at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:579)
        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.pie.PieMenu.getSimpleDate(PieMenu.java:1130)
        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.pie.PieMenu.getDimensions(PieMenu.java:507)
        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.pie.PieMenu.<init>(PieMenu.java:364)
        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.pie.PieController.addPieInLocation(PieController.java:201)
        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.pie.PieController.attachPie(PieController.java:162)
        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.pie.PieController.resetPie(PieController.java:147)
        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.BaseStatusBar.updatePieControls(BaseStatusBar.java:1029)
        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.BaseStatusBar$1.onChange(BaseStatusBar.java:356)
        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.BaseStatusBar.start(BaseStatusBar.java:1003)
        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBar.start(PhoneStatusBar.java:1351)
        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.SystemBars.createStatusBarFromConfig(SystemBars.java:106)
        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.SystemBars.onNoService(SystemBars.java:58)
        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.ServiceMonitor.startService(ServiceMonitor.java:230)
        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.ServiceMonitor.-wrap5(ServiceMonitor.java)
        at com.android.systemui.statusbar.ServiceMonitor$1.handleMessage(ServiceMonitor.java:73)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6236)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:891)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:781)

How can disable this from adb ?
Tagged:

Comments

• I see that this forum has many many questions without answer. I don't have find where this pie menu it's called, I abandon this ROM for poor user dialog, I have reinstalled LineageOS. Maybe later...
  • Hello,

I'm a new user of Resurrection Remix and had the same problem with the Pie tile, it's a pity since the rom seems very customizable and fun to use so far.

For the record all you have to do is deactivate the pie settings via adb.

1. Connect your phone started on a computer with authorized debug access
    2. use the command `adb shell settings put secure pie_state 0`

Your phone should work back now. Hope it can help someone in the future. ;)
  • I had the same problem... and couldn't use the command because usb debugging wasn't allowed. And the command didn't work in recovery mode.

I did a factory reset and tried to recreate the problem : that didn't work when the primary language was English, but worked when I switched it to French...

This time the command worked because I previously enabled USB debugging.