Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RR v6.0.0 error 7 on kenzo

edited February 17 in ROM Support
Yesterday I got another ROM update named "RR-O-v6.0.0-20180209-kenzo-official"
just after flashing latest "RR-N-v5.8.5-20171217-kenzo-final"
But when I flashed it... it ended with Error 7 on ZCX twrp (BTW I'm on 3gb variant of kenzo with fpc)
How to resolve it or should I wait for final builds?
(Sorry for my bad English)

Comments

  • Hello Zer0,
    you need to open the downloaded zip and navigate to: "META-INF\com\google\android"
    there, open the updater-script file and delete all lines ABOVE: "ui_print("Target: Xiaomi/kenzo/kenzo:6.0.1/MMB29M/V8.2.1.0.MHOCNDL:user/release-keys");"

    this is usually just one line.
    next, save and update the zip (you'll see the popup in winrar)

    further explanation:
    doing this you removed the device check which happens before the actual flashing. without these lines it doesn't look for the specific kenzo and kate codes and just flashes it directly. i know your phone code is kenzo (i have one myself too). with the lines it will keep giving error 7

    you need to do this before every update

    i really hope the devs fix this one day

  • edited February 18
    NielsM said:
    Hello Zer0,
    you need to open the downloaded zip and navigate to: "META-INF\com\google\android"
    there, open the updater-script file and delete all lines ABOVE: "ui_print("Target: Xiaomi/kenzo/kenzo:6.0.1/MMB29M/V8.2.1.0.MHOCNDL:user/release-keys");"

    this is usually just one line.
    next, save and update the zip (you'll see the popup in winrar)

    further explanation:
    doing this you removed the device check which happens before the actual flashing. without these lines it doesn't look for the specific kenzo and kate codes and just flashes it directly. i know your phone code is kenzo (i have one myself too). with the lines it will keep giving error 7

    you need to do this before every update

    i really hope the devs fix this one day

    Thanks NielsM!!! Flashed rom without errors...
    but for my bad luck, unofficial opengapps 8.1 nano package doesn't even have a keyboard for setup & stock package dosen't even have fpc settings + servel app crashes... including camera & soundabout, I have a damaged microphone jack :'(
  • edited February 19
    Try to fully wipe your device and reflash the ROM. By the way, did your opengapps package work? No "Google Play Services stopped" popup? If so, please send me the link you used for the download. I had to revert back to RR 5.8.6 aka Android 7.1.2, because my opengapps package didn't work and Google Play Services crashed everytime :'( I really liked RR 6.0.0 so far without even having any apps and I want Android 8.1 back!
  • NielsM said:
    Try to fully wipe your device and reflash the ROM. By the way, did your opengapps package work? No "Google Play Services stopped" popup? If so, please send me the link you used for the download. I had to revert back to RR 5.8.6 aka Android 7.1.2, because my opengapps package didn't work and Google Play Services crashed everytime :'( I really liked RR 6.0.0 so far without even having any apps and I want Android 8.1 back!

    No, it didn't work for all google apps...  5.8.x is much more stable and feature packed then that! (However 6.0.0 looks & battery backup are better)
    For bugs... I can't use fingureprint sensor, can't use camera from custom open gapps stock package, slower charging, many app crashes and lags are some that I faced!
    In short... Reverting back to 5.8.5(backup)
  • edited February 25
    Zer0 said:
    NielsM said:
    Try to fully wipe your device and reflash the ROM. By the way, did your opengapps package work? No "Google Play Services stopped" popup? If so, please send me the link you used for the download. I had to revert back to RR 5.8.6 aka Android 7.1.2, because my opengapps package didn't work and Google Play Services crashed everytime :'( I really liked RR 6.0.0 so far without even having any apps and I want Android 8.1 back!

    No, it didn't work for all google apps...  5.8.x is much more stable and feature packed then that! (However 6.0.0 looks & battery backup are better)
    For bugs... I can't use fingureprint sensor, can't use camera from custom open gapps stock package, slower charging, many app crashes and lags are some that I faced!
    In short... Reverting back to 5.8.5(backup)
    I know a solution, after you have clean flashed the ROM and OpenGapps from https://sourceforge.net/projects/unofficial-opengapps-8-1/ ;

    After everything is done and "working", I know the OpenGapps won't work. Just go to your setting > system > reset (or reboot into recovery and choose wipe > factory reset. Reboot and everything works.

    I've had your exact problems and this worked, fully functional OpenGapps and no keyboard glitches.

    Fingerprint sensor works, camera works, and for the slow charging, try Radon kernel. It is a GREAT kernel!

    I am running RR 6.0.0 as I write this.

    Happy flashing and have a nice day/night

Sign In or Register to comment.