Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Encryption wiped all my data

I'm running RR version 7.1.2_r17 - NJH47B on my canadian samsung galaxy s5 klte, SM-G900W8, kernel 3.4.107-g7e42fae. I just decided it would be a good idea to encrypt my phone, and so I did. When my phone booted up after finishing the encryption, it asked me for my password, I entered the one I previously had set before the enctryption and it worked. A few minutes later, my phone finished booting and I was faced with the new phone setup screen. Almost all of my data is now gone. Contacts, pictures, all the documents I had saved on my internal storage. I realize this was my mistake and I should have backed up everything before hand, I'm not trying to put the blame on anyone else. I am just letting you know so you can potentially fix this issue, and asking in hopes that anyone has a solution to how I can recover at least some of my data.

I noticed that after the encryption, there was actually less available space than there was before on my phones internal storage, about 8.5 GB used compared to 7.5 GB used before the encryption. Does this mean I can still access my data somehow?