Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cell Network mode forcibly switches to "GSM only" on standby on RR 6.1.0 on OnePlus 3

Hi everyone,

I recently updated from 6.0.0 to 6.1.0 on my OnePlus 3, and I notice that when I lock my screen, my SIM's network switches to "GSM only" (Settings -> Network & Internet -> Mobile network -> Advanced -> Preferred Network type) from the default option which has all options including LTE and WCDMA, which are needed for maintaining my connection on my Canadian network provider "Freedom Mobile". When I open the lock screen, I'm greeted with "No Service/Emergency Calls only", which means no one can reach me when my phone is on standby. If I unlock straight to the Mobile network settings app with the fingerprint scanner, I can witness the network mode changing from "GSM only" to "LTE/WCDMA/...". I'm not sure if this is some kind of power saving feature or something, but I need this sorted out so I can use 6.1.0 as my daily driver. Please help.

Thanks!

Comments

• Settings -> Configurations (the RR settings) -> diverse -> Cancel actions (all of this was freely translated by me as english is not my native language) has a setting for that.