Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SM-G900W8 - Previously locked to Rogers, trying to get on Freedom

edited November 24 in ROM Support
Hello everyone!

I am switching my mother to my old Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900W8). I've recieved conflicting information on google on whether or not it can use Freedom's band, however it shows up as 302490, which from what I googled is Wind's network operator number thing. 

I have tried to enter the APN for Freedom (previously Wind Mobile), and once I select "save" it acts as if i've pressed discard; It won't save the APN settings. I've exited out of the app multiple times, re-entered it, etc. 
Is that an issue within RR? Is there anything I can fix via terminal or anything like that?

I am running the latest klte build of RR, fresh installed as of last night. I've had RR on the phone before; however it was a much older build. 
As mentioned in the title, it was previously locked to Rogers. We found an unlock code for it online, however we're not 100% sure if that truly worked, but I would assume it did since Rogers, Telus, and Bell (BMC) are showing up under available networks. If it didn't, we can always get a code from Rogers themselves after Dec. 1st here in Canada, as I believe it'll be illegal from that point on to charge for unlock codes. 

I apologize if this isn't the right category for the post-- I'm new here as of a few minutes ago :) 

In addition to the carrier issues i'm having, I'm wondering if there's any way to get the fingerprint sensor working? I had this issue with the previous build I had installed while I was using the phone for myself, but never really figured out if I could get it fixed or not. 

Other than that I really love Resurrection Remix :) It's the first custom rom i've used ever, as I was an iPhone user before I started with Android on the S5. I gotta say, it runs much smoother than the stock firmware that comes with the S5. 

Phone specs: 

RR-OS Version: RR-N-v5.8.5-20170924-klte-Official
Build Date: Sun, September 24 19:11:40 UTC 2017
SIM Status: 
  • Network: Unknown
  • Signal Strength: 0
  • Cellular Network Type: Unknown
  • Service State: Out of Service
  • Roaming: Not Roaming
  • Cellular Network State: Disconnected
  • My Phone Number: Unknown
Build Type: Official