Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whatsapp Messages Restore impossible

Hi

I already had this issue in october and came back to stock Android. But I really want to have Android 7 on my S3

After installing last versión of RR ROM, the Whatsapp restore from GDrive is detected, but remains on "Preparing messages restoration"

I have uninstalled Whatsapp, then copied my Whatsapp folder containing all messages and files into the internal card, and installed again and no message is detected. Only appear the group chats without anything inside

I haven't found any help or useful info about this issue for RR in internet

Is there any way to get the messages previous to ROM flashing?

Thanks in adv

Comments

• Hi

Just in case it helps anyone, I've succeeded on restoring the messages. Just uninstalled and reinstalled WhatsApp, replaced the file msgstore.db.crypt12 by the one with the date I wanted and open WhatsApp. 

The "preparing messages restore" got stuck long time like with Gdrive restore, until I clicked on back button. Then it continued directly from 30% and restored the messages
  • Hi

Just in case it helps anyone, I've succeeded on restoring the messages. Just uninstalled and reinstalled WhatsApp, replaced the file msgstore.db.crypt12 by the one with the date I wanted and open WhatsApp. 

The "preparing messages restore" got stuck long time like with Gdrive restore, until I clicked on back button. Then it continued directly from 30% and restored the messages
  • Hi 

First time i am faced with the same problem after that go to research and find that..

one way to restore all the data from a thirdpaty app like titanium backup(root),Its easy to use and easy to understand full tutorial availableon youtube watch and learn.